Sunday, 10 August 2003
- The Forge of the Titans, by Steve White. Adequate science fiction.
- A Scattering of Jades, by Alexander C. Irvine. Enjoyable magical
historical, somewhat in the Tim Powers mode, with an interesting
Mesoamerican tone and pictures of early and mid 1800s New York and
Mammoth Cave. (I actually read this last month, I think.)
- A Thousand Words for Stranger, by Julie E. Czerneda. Competent
- And No Birds Sang, by Farley Mowat. The horrors of war; a antidote
to mindless jingoism.
- The Tribune, by Patrick Larkin. Competent historical adventure
during the early Roman Empire, with incidental cameos of a couple of